Thursday, March 7, 2013

39 Weeks

Post written Saturday February 23, 2013

We're getting down to the last couple of days. I've still been feeling really well. I've said it before, but I've had such a great pregnancy. I've been dilated to a 2 and 80% effaced for over a month now. At our appt. this week nothing had changed so the doctor decided to strip my membranes (it's about as fun as it sounds ;) ) she said a lot of times this helps women go into labor quickly, or it just makes you contract a lot and not progress and makes you hate your doctor for doing it.  I've had contractions a lot this past week anyway, but after having my membranes stripped I've been contracting quite a bit, but nothing too drastic. I'm in no pain, so I assume it's not labor. Sleeping is getting a little bit harder, my belly still feels like it's stretching a lot, so as long as I don't roll over it is just fine. Work days are getting longer and longer :) I'm doing everything I can to make it through the next few days of work. People keep asking why I don't just take next week off, but I'd rather spend everyday of maternity leave with Tenlee, rather than sit home and wait for her to come. We've got everything completely ready.... at least as far as we know. ha ha I'm sure there will be a few trips to the grocery store for things we had no clue you need for a baby, but we're ok with that. Our house is as clean as can be from top to bottom, and I even got a few deep cleaning projects finished last weekend that I was planning on doing while on maternity leave. We're trying to be ahead of the game. Our bag has been packed for weeks, and last night we finally decided we'd put the bag and car seat in the car.. (secretly hoping that since they were in the car, then I'd go into labor) Nothing so far. We are patiently waiting though. Due date is in 6 days. Yesterday at work I probably had 20 people ask me how much longer I had..... followed by I thought so you look ready... backhanded compliment?? Oh well, at least I haven't had any strangers try to touch my belly or anything. I've heard horror stories of creepy people asking to touch pregnant bellies, or people saying weird things to you when you're pregnant. Luckily I have had neither, until the "you look ready" comments this week. I feel like I look tired, even though I feel good, and my face is certainly starting to get puffy. We just can't wait for our little munchkin to be here.

Job update: After several conversations and making a list and budgeting everything out after we lost our daycare. We went back and forth a lot on whether or not we could have me go down in hours, and we finally realized by the time we pay $500+ a month in daycare, i'd be working 40 hours just to pay for the daycare. So I now get to go down to 30 hours a week!!!! I can't even wait. It will be SO nice getting to stay home a little more with our baby.That being said, I let my boss know what I was thinking, and let her know once I got back from maternity i'd be watching for 30 hour positions to become available that I could apply for. She and my VP decided it would be best to just open my position and fill it now, rather than wait 12 weeks and try to find coverage from other branches while I was on maternity, which makes the most sense. So they opened my position and have now filled it, and my VP will be finding me a new branch. Kind of a little scary I don't technically have a position for the next 12 weeks, and have no clue which branch I will be going to, but I trust that they will put me somewhere I will be happy! I'm looking forward to more new adventures coming our way. Life is just so unpredictable it's insane. I never could have imagined how many things in our life would change during one pregnancy. I never expected I'd have a job change, let alone 2! Wish us luck :) We keep crossing our fingers Austin can find a better job that will allow me to stay home. But I am happy to work as long as I need to.

No comments: